Stop, Drop, Roll, Cool, & Call
Students in grades 2 through 5.
Goals / Objectives:
- Students will demonstrate appropriate behavior to extinguish clothing fires.
- Students will learn proper first aid for burns.
- Students will understand what constitutes an emergency.
- Students will demonstrate calling 911.
- Students will understand how to prevent clothing fires.
30 to 45 minutes. Many extended activities are suggested that can enable teachers to develop a unit of learning that can be taught over several days. A pre and post test is included for outcomes measurement.
- Teacher Packet
- Pre & Post Tests
- Evaluation Materials
Visit our TEACHER'S CORNER to download materials!
Comments from teachers who used the 2011 "Stop, Drop, Roll, Cool & Call" materials in their classrooms
- "The kids LOVED the bookmarks!
- "Although none of my students had a personal knowledge of serious burns, many shared small burns and how much they hurt. They could not imagine that type of pain over a large area of their body."
- "Very good video to go with questions. Good repetition."
- "The students and I think it’s great! Thank you! We loved it!"
- "The students use them (the bookmarks) every day. What a great reminder of the steps to follow in case of a fire."